Wednesday, February 6, 2008

New post, New Music

I hope you like the music playing as you read this. I have to thank my loving wife Leeann for helping add this to my blog. I think music is one of the most important art forms we have today. I mean it can do so much, it can take you back to a summer vacation with your family when you were a kid, it can remind you of your first kiss, a loved one no longer with you and it can make you act like a fool in front of friends, family and even strangers. Music is a key factor in my wedding videos. It can do so much, it adds the emotion to a photo montage, the feel of a day, the blooming of a new love or life.

I use music to help tell a story. For example, one of the first weddings I did many years ago, I was looking for a song to help me with a photo montage. It was the first photo montage I had done on video and I wanted it to really tell the story of these two people growing up and setting out on a new adventure. I found a song, but it just did not feel right to me and I have found out that if it doesn't feel right, you need to go back and change it. Anyway, I found this song and put it to pictures. I liked it, at first. But, the more I watched it, the more I didn't like it. It didn't flow very well, it didn't tell the story of these two people starting their new life together. Then Leeann found it. It was a song from the animated movie "Anastasia" called "At the Beginning". The song was a prefect fit. When the bride saw it, she had a tear in her eye. She said it was prefect. Music to my ears.

Music is one of the most important elements of your wedding video that is why I let my brides pick out the songs that mean the most to them. These are songs that mean something to them. I always have suggestions, but like I do with the video itself, I let the bride lead the way.

Business has been growing the past couple of weeks. The month of May is completely booked, I mean EVERY weekend I am doing a wedding, March is half full, June is booking up and I have a few in September as well. Things are going to get busy and I like it that way.

No comments: