Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Goal and Must-Have-Shots

When I started booking wedding in January and saw that May was going to be a packed month I knew that I had April to get the March weddings finished and out the door. In my last blog I said I had one down and one to go. Yesterday I met my goal and mailed out the finished video for my second March wedding. This wedding was the biggest wedding I had done to date. The video is over an hour long and most wedding videographers will try to keep the video to just about 45 minutes. The bride loved the video and only wanted to make one change. Seems that someone she was not very fond of popped his head into a shot and said hi to the bride and groom. She just wanted that removed and very happy with it otherwise.

I have talked in past blogs how important the "must-have-shoots" in your wedding video and that is one of the main reasons you need to have a professional videographer to shoot your wedding. By my count there are 22 must have shots, things like the bride coming down the aisle, the parents during the reciting of the vows and so on. There is a list of these must have shots and anyone who is a professional will know those shots without thinking about it. Anyone can get a list from the internet, but do you want your videographer looking at a list before each shot? Think about it, something is happening and you look up to see your videographer looking at a sheet of paper to know weather or not he should be shooting.

This is my last couple of days without having a wedding in front of me. All of the month of May is booked solid so this may be my last blog for a couple of weeks, but I will do my best to keep you up to date with how it is going.

No comments: