Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Inside Out

My last blog said I was going to be busy the last couple of weeks. Was I ever. I have had two weddings the past two weeks, one inside, one outside - sorta. The first wedding was in Wears Valley in the Smokey Mountains. When I booked the wedding, it was to be an inside wedding at a cabin. I knew going into this wedding that it would be a challenge since they were not going to have a rehearsal the night before. The rehearsal is very important to me so that I know what I need for the day, where my cameras will be and about how long I will be there. Well, with no rehearsal, it is really fly by the seat of my pants situation.

The wedding was supposed to be inside but when I got there, plans changed because it was such a beautiful day. The big problem (for me) was that the wedding was going to be on the deck with the view of the mountains in the background along with a big bright sun. SHADOWS are had to video tape. I don't have a light bright enough to overcome the sun. I definitely understood the couples decision to move outdoors because it was a stunning view... I was just concerned about how the video would come out. In the end, it went really well and was a lot of fun and Eli, a videographer working with me did a great job. We got great footage. Brenda, the coordinator, is wonderful to work with and this was my first time working with Carlos, the photographer. We all worked great as a team and I'm really looking forward to the other weddings that I have booked with them in the coming months.

The wedding this past weekend was indoors and just as much fun, the bride and groom were wonderful to work with as was the family and bridal party. Again, Eli was wonderful... he's been a huge help.

So far I am ahead of where i thought I would be in editing the videos. Editing is the best part for me. I get lost in the creativity of it all. I love working with people and being a part of their excitement of the big day - but my real passion is editing and coming up with a product that they will hopefully cherish for a lifetime.

More later.
Don

No comments: